AFI JOHANNESBURG FASHION WEEK 2011 - DAY 3

Photobucket

The night that I had been waiting for all along had arrived. We climbed into the van on Friday and drove off into the city to get to the Bus Factory. We were told we would see three shows at this venue and the last two, Stiaan Louw and Thula Sindi at the Johannesburg Art Gallery. Excited but sad that I would be taking an early morning flight back to Cape Town I tweeted like a trooper and took as many photos as my abused camera would allow. As I mentioned, while there weren't masses of fashion forward boys I did spot one or two at a time that I had to photograph, naturally by the time I got to said boys they were gone.

While no venue was bad at fashion week it was the Jhb Art Gallery that facilitated mingling the best. We were all in an open courtyard and this somehow made people a lot more relaxed. It could have been the open bar but who knows.

Let it just be known that AFI did a spectacular job at orchestrating all of these shows. Even if there was a doozy with David Tlale's fashionably late show the whole Johannesburg fashion week was a great success. I absolutely cannot wait for next year.

Photobucket